Text Messaging Service
At Woodcote Medical, we use a patient messaging service.
This means that we will be able to communicate with you via text, land line phone and email, using automated technology that will enable us to contact you much more quickly and effectively. This will free up our staff to deal with those tasks only a human can do! It is important that you keep us up-to-date with your current mobile phone number and email address.
Examples of how it will improve our communications include:
- Automated appointment reminders 24 hours before. You can cancel your appointment by text using the word CANCEL, which immediately frees it up for others to book
- Notification of test results being normal or a request for a follow up appointment
- Targeted health promotion campaigns, such as flu clinics
- Targeted questionnaires to individual patients to help them manage chronic long term medical conditions better
- Reminders to attend specific clinics, e.g. diabetic, cpd, etc.
- Urgent communications: for example, if a GP calls in sick first thing in the morning, all patients in that surgery will be advised by text within minutes.
Of course, you can opt out by sending us a message or advising reception, but you would not be benefiting from the quick and non-intrusive communications from us that the system provides.