Your Data, Privacy and the Law
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention
- Data about you, usually anonymised, is used to manage the NHS and make payments
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS
- We may also share medical records for medical research, but this will usually anonymised.
For more information, please click on the relevant link below:
- How We Use Your Health Records
- Request for Access to Records (SARs)
- Privacy Notice: Direct Care Emergencies
- Privacy Notice: National Screening Programs
- Privacy Notice: Payments
- Privacy Notice: Summary Care Record
- Privacy Notice: Research
- Privacy Notice: Risk Stratification
- Privacy Notice: Employees
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.